Power steering loosening ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power steering loosening ?

How in the world do you get around that stupid hose to get the spark plug wires in! need help asap.
    96 Camaro Z28, T-tops, 6 Speed, Slp CIA, Flowmaster cat-back, 3:42 gears

Take the belt off, take out the mounting screws on the power steering pump and swing it out of the way - takes about 15 minutes top. You should also take the alternator out - gives you a lot more access.
    Darrin C
    '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
    07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Originally posted by 97LT1Z28
      Take the belt off, take out the mounting screws on the power steering pump and swing it out of the way - takes about 15 minutes top. You should also take the alternator out - gives you a lot more access.
      I did it by just removing the alternator.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

yea, i figured it out last night about 10min after i made the post, i didnt realize how to get to the other screw, but i ended up going through one of the holes on the pully.
        96 Camaro Z28, T-tops, 6 Speed, Slp CIA, Flowmaster cat-back, 3:42 gears

Comment

Working...
        X