Wet carpet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet carpet

my drivers side floor carpet is wet. I have no idea where its coming from. Any help would be great! Thanks

94 Camaro T-Tops

The best way to track it down is to get in the car and have a friend spray it with a hose while you look for the leak.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Second option, turn the AC on full blast and look for any water dripping out of the heater core box. My car had the drain hole plugged by a leaf and caused my floors to get wet.

PS, if the water is brown or red (or green if you've done a coolant swap) clean it up and trade the car in as it's HIGH DOLLAR to get a heater core replaced.
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
        PS, if the water is brown or red (or green if you've done a coolant swap) clean it up and trade the car in as it's HIGH DOLLAR to get a heater core replaced.
        You are exaggerating a little here!

Typically water from the heater core or A/C ends up on the passenger side.
        If its the drivers side that is wet it is most likely rainwater.

Smell it and see if it has an odor. If it is good and odor free, go ahead and lick the carpet to see if it tastes sweet.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Perhaps an exaggeration, but if you go to the dealer and they quote 2-3 grand, don't say I didn't tell you so. The heater core is supposedly the hardest thing to remove on an f-body from everybody I've talked to. I know a couple of folks that have had their entire dash assembly removed from the car and STILL couldn't get the heater core out, so it must be a major PITA.
          "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

thanks for the help, where exactly to i look for the leaf that could be blocking. water doesn't have a smell and doesn't taste funny either !

Comment

Originally posted by crazycooter
              thanks for the help, where exactly to i look for the leaf that could be blocking. water doesn't have a smell and doesn't taste funny either !

If a leaf were blocking the A/C drain the water would be on the passenger side.

So are you now an official carpet licker? It's good that you smelled the carpet before you licked it.

Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                If a leaf were blocking the A/C drain the water would be on the passenger side.

So are you now an official carpet licker? It's good that you smelled the carpet before you licked it.

you told him to lick it...

Comment

There is a rubber grommet below the PCM, where the wires come in the firewall. You can also see it from the inside of the car if you take the panel off the bottom of the dash. That’s where the water came in on my car.

97 Firebird, 3.8 5 spd

Comment

Working...
                  X