No announcement yet.

bigger injectors with NOS 5176 kit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to estimate your flywheel HP. Then, assuming you continue to run at the stock 43.5psi fuel pressure, without the FMU or a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator, multiply the flywheel HP times 0.09

Example 450 flywheel HP x 0.09 = 40.5 #/HR

That is the minimum injector size. Keeps you under 85% duty cycle, while assuming that you have a "average" tune that produced a brake specific fuel consumption (BSFC) of 0.60 #/HR/HP. That's a fairly conservative basis.

You can also increase your fuel pressure with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, to allow a smaller injector. If you run at 4bar (58psi) instead of 3 bar (43.5psi) you can change the mulitiplier to 0.078

Example 450 flywheel HP x 0.078 = 35.1 #/HR

These calculations assume that the injector has been flow rated at 43.5psi. If they are flow rated at any other pressure, you have to make additional corrections.

I run 64 #/HR Bosch injectors at 58psi. That makes them equivalent to a 78 #/HR injector, and they will supply 800 flywheel HP at no more than 70% duty cycle. But the tune is the result of a huge amount of dyno time, both engine dyno and chassis dyno.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Wow!
      I'm impressed that you know this stuff! I will get a dyno-reading to start with, then I will calculate the things that you mentioned.
      I REALLY appreciate the information!
      Also, what kind of ETs are you getting with 800 hp!?
      I calculated mine at around 450 hp, but only based on the performance compared to other vehicles that I know the hp of...

Comment

It's never been down the track with the full 300-shot.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X