opti got wet(and i did search this)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opti got wet(and i did search this)

water pump bearings went, so i replaced the water pump. after i took it down the street i came back and checked the level of the coolant. it was a little low so i dumped some in, yeh my dumbass didnt take my time and it kinda spilled on the alternator and im guessin the opti, about 5 min later, i heard the car stumble a bit and when i went to give it gas(still in park) it stumbled then the rpms jumped up normally....tried it again same thing....so im 90% sure this is the opti....shut the car off....it wont start....so i left it were it was, my buddy calls me up and says it started but still a missfire...

question is will the opti dry it self out, or is it pretty much screwed?

no ses codes either.

thanks sorry for the story...
    1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Well, there is no definative answer. Most times when the opti craps out and starts misfiring, the spark energy grounds inside the cap and rotor instead of at the spark plug. That pretty much carbon tracks the inside. Perhaps if the cap and rotor portion were removed and cleaned you *may* have a chance at getting a few more miles out of it, but at that point... why bother?

Comment

Working...
    X