Anybody using an in-line fuel pump??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody using an in-line fuel pump??

I am trying to feed a 388 stroker with more fuel and am wondering if any of you guys are using an in-line fuel pump. I really don't want to drop the tank and I don't want to cut the trap door either.

What do you guys think? Is this a feasable option?

'95 TA A4, 118000 on the clock!
    Borla, Strange 3.73's, SLP CAI, Vortech elbow,AFS Z06 Wheels,White gauges/blue backlighting,blue custom interior,MBA Shift knob,MadZ28 Tune, Intrax springs, Bilstein shocks, ES Trans Mount, Honeycomb taillights.

13.685@102.11

i went through this too drop the tank ITS WORTH THE TIME WALBORO 255 in line pumps can be very noizy and i wouldnt risk making that pice of tinfoil any weaker i would NOT cut the whole people do do it but i wouldnt besides the stock pump isnt worth anythig -Kevin
    1994 Z28 stage 2 intercooled procharger, P-1sc, 6lb pully,42lbfuel injectors,255intank pump,1 3/4headers,highflow cat, borla ajust. cat back,chrome moly LCA,chrome moly ajust. panhard bar, Kenny Brownweld-in subframe conectors, built trans. kevlar lined 2600 stall, kevlar clutches, hardend parts,,built rearend; moser axles, eaton posi, richmond 3.42 gears, rare ROH ZR6 17* 9.5 wheels, custom computer tune with laptop and LT1edit , 380rwhp 395rwtq , 60' 1.71, 1/8th 8.00,1/412.60@109mph

Comment

Besides that, you can't pull any more fuel through the pump than it will allow. 255lph should be a minimum for our cars. I have both a Walbro and an inline Nitrous Oxide Systems pump on my car.
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by jerrysta
        I am trying to feed a 388 stroker with more fuel and am wondering if any of you guys are using an in-line fuel pump. I really don't want to drop the tank and I don't want to cut the trap door either.

What do you guys think? Is this a feasable option?
        Well, contrary to the popularly perpetuated internet myth, cutting the access opening will not weaken the chassis. Like MN6WS6 said, you will only be able to suck as much fuel as the in-tank pump's capacity if you just connect a in-line pump to the in-tank pump. If you are staying n/a, you should be Ok with a in-tank aftermarket pump.

Comment

I am staying NA. What all needs to be dropped to replace the pump? What needs to be disconnected?

Borla, Strange 3.73's, SLP CAI, Vortech elbow,AFS Z06 Wheels,White gauges/blue backlighting,blue custom interior,MBA Shift knob,MadZ28 Tune, Intrax springs, Bilstein shocks, ES Trans Mount, Honeycomb taillights.

13.685@102.11

Comment

Originally posted by jerrysta
            I am staying NA. What all needs to be dropped to replace the pump? What needs to be disconnected?
            Well you will obviously need to get the exhaust out of the way.

1. Remove the fiiller neck plastic cap behind fuel door.

2. Remove panhard rod and brace.

3. Remove 2 tank straps.

4. Unplug the fuel pump pigtail from chassis.

5. Have fun wiggling the tank out! The hard part is getting the filler neck to clear. It's a PITA.

I left my springs/shocks in place with no problems.

Comment

Cool. Since there is no exhaust on the car at all right now it does not sound too bad. Thanks.

13.685@102.11

Comment

i couldnt squeeze mine out unless i took the rearend too . i deff did NOT fined it fun but it was REALY worth it
                1994 Z28 stage 2 intercooled procharger, P-1sc, 6lb pully,42lbfuel injectors,255intank pump,1 3/4headers,highflow cat, borla ajust. cat back,chrome moly LCA,chrome moly ajust. panhard bar, Kenny Brownweld-in subframe conectors, built trans. kevlar lined 2600 stall, kevlar clutches, hardend parts,,built rearend; moser axles, eaton posi, richmond 3.42 gears, rare ROH ZR6 17* 9.5 wheels, custom computer tune with laptop and LT1edit , 380rwhp 395rwtq , 60' 1.71, 1/8th 8.00,1/412.60@109mph

Comment

Working...
                X