Rug Cleaner Suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rug Cleaner Suggestions

Hey everyone. About to clean up my car and put it away for the winter. I have some light brown stains in the rug and was wondering what the best cleaner is to get rid of old stains. I thought i read someone put OxyClean in the past. Thanks for your input.
    99 Black WS6
    99 Black Ski-Doo Mach Z
    94 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Hot water and Oxyclean works wonders. Mix it strong and pour it on the marks. Massage it in with your fingers, do not use a brush. Use a wet vac to suck it dry afterwards.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

BlueMagic. If it doesnt get it out.. Nothing will. You can ususally get it at walmart or pepboys.
      No F-Body right now

Comment

Another vote for Oxi Clean. That stuff works great if you use it with very hot water. Don't waste your time with Simple Green on carpet...it stinks too.

I've never tried Blue Magic, but heard good things about it.

Comment

I'll give the first one i find a try. thanks guys
          99 Black WS6
          99 Black Ski-Doo Mach Z
          94 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

oxi-clean comes in a spary bottle now...I use quite a bit on my mats. got mine at advance for like 4 bucks.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Orange Blast and Simple Green will get it done.

Spray the Orange Blast on and let is soak. Then mix Simple Green in hot water and dip a brush and scrub the carpet. Allow to dry then vacuum out to fluff.

Comment

Originally posted by ReBop
                Orange Blast and Simple Green will get it done.

Spray the Orange Blast on and let is soak. Then mix Simple Green in hot water and dip a brush and scrub the carpet. Allow to dry then vacuum out to fluff.
                That's great if you dont mind the inside of your car smelling like simple green *forever*.

Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:
                SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                  That's great if you dont mind the inside of your car smelling like simple green *forever*.

Yep, and it never goes away either. Not a good smell to have to live with if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
                  X