Question on Optispark cap and rotor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Optispark cap and rotor

I need to get a replacement OPTI due to it getting wet and was wondering if I need a whole new unit or if I can buy the MSD cap and rotor kit for it.

I'm sorry if it is a dumb question but I would like to do this because I am going to be running an MSD6Al with a blaster coil and more than likely MSD wires.

Can someone please help me with this?

'95 TA A4, 118000 on the clock!
    Borla, Strange 3.73's, SLP CAI, Vortech elbow,AFS Z06 Wheels,White gauges/blue backlighting,blue custom interior,MBA Shift knob,MadZ28 Tune, Intrax springs, Bilstein shocks, ES Trans Mount, Honeycomb taillights.

13.685@102.11

Is it the original Opti, and how many miles on it? The rear 1/2 of the case contains the bearing, the seal for the wire connector tower and the optical sensor. All those can suffer from old age. Hence, the best bet is usually to completely replace the Opti. The complete GM vented opti for your car will run about $60 more than the MSD cap/rotor kit, and you will know you have a new bearing, new seal in the wire tower, and new optical sensor.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Agreed...... nothing is worse than having to do the same job twice.

Comment

Working...
      X