Need Help Please: Which Rear Tires?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Please: Which Rear Tires?

Hey guys i have a 1998 Camaro Z28 A4. Lid, Catback, Shift Kit, and the car has run a best of 13.291 at 106.59 with a 2.160 60'. My question now comes after you know about the car as to my rear tires are almost in need of replacing. I now have kuhmo ecsta supra 712 "275/35/zr18". If i go with like a bf drag radial or a nitto drag radial but drive the car everyday is that gona be a big problem and then if so what tire would you recomend to help me put down the 60' and get me to and from work also without problems. Thank you in advance for the help.

Nitto's new NT01 is super duper sticky...but not recommend for street

I'm running Falken's Azenis in the spring...

I've heard it's hard to get good launches on 18's (too stiff). You'll get better 60' with 17's in back with a drop in PSI on 40 series. Khumo's 712 aren't too sticky either...heck you'll drop 60' with better tires.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

thanks man so far i am looking at these here tell me any stories please from your past? on any of these....

bf goodrich kdw

yokohama es100
      and where do you get the falkins and how much for each at that size??

Comment

I can't give you 60' or 1/4 mile times, but my friend had BF Goodrich KDW's on the rear of his Volvo. With his Cooper Cobra's, his tire would spin until he hit 70 mph by just punching it. With the KDW's, he could barely power-brake. These tires are part of the reason that his rearend went out; 5 people in the car + trunk full of junk + 50 miles from home + my friend trying to power-brake = rearend go boom . They had almost as much traction in the rain also.
        95 A4 Z28 with 146K miles

My DD is a 94 Chevy 1/2 ton 2wd w/ 2/4 drop and 20" Centerline Stingray III's

Comment

alright the kdws so far one vote lol thanks man anyone else?

Comment

Ive never had them... But, in general, the KDW's seem to be the favorite at most of the sites I visit. They will be going on my car next time I need tires.
            No F-Body right now

Comment

Hey, i here nittos are fine to drive on the street. Many guys run them as there daily driver tire. only problem is that your 18" and there arent many 18" sizes. I know they make a 285/35 and a 305/35 if your wide enough, i say go for the nittos. Your not going to hook much better than you are now at the track with different street tires

1999 Trans Am A4
              Suncoast WS6 hood and Ram Air, Borla, UD pully, MAF, Hotchkis SFC's and STB, Eibach Sportlines, 18" Privat Fahrens, and Zaino of course

Comment

If you don't drive in the rain much the G-force KD instead of the KDW is the way to go, although they are expensive.

Comment

Working...
                X