Swaybar Bushings Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swaybar Bushings Question

I'll be getting a 32mm swaybar soon. I have some options on bushings/endlinks to use, but I'd like some input before I make a decision.

This is a daily driver so I don't need all out performance. I don't think I want the hassle of having to grease poly bushings and I don't want to deal with extra cabin noise that they might make. I'm pretty much settled on using rubber. Now I'm trying to decide between GM 1LE bushings/endlinks or Moog.

I don't know what difference there is if any...
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

I think you are overly concerned about the poly bushings on the sway bars. Grease them once and you're done. The caps for the ES rear bar bushings include Zerk fittings, so there is nothing even approaching a "hassle". I ran the ES poly for 5 years and never touched the bushings after the initial install.... and never a squeak of any kind.

There are no impact loads to the sway bar, so its not going to increase noise inside the car. The end link bushings seriously increase the effectiveness of the sway bars, and the poly end link bushing specifically say not to grease them. Again, no noise over a period of 5 years.

The softer the bushings, the less effective the bars will be.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thanks Fred...good info. If that's the case than I'll seriously look into some. Prothane and Energy Suspension seem to be the most common brands. I'll price some out.

LMPerformance lists 2 endlinks. 2 5/8" and 2 7/8". What's the difference. Which should I go with?

Oddly enough they have a 32mm swaybar kit that costs a dollar more if you order it instead of the bushings and endlinks seperately. It inludes 2 7/8" endlinks.

This will be for a 1LE swaybar if that makes any difference.
      Joe K.
      '11 BMW 328i
      '10 Matrix S AWD
      Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Working...
      X