Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Vibrations...

Hey everyone,
    I put a T5 5-Speed in my 91 Camaro about 3-4 months ago. I used a new clutch & throwout bearing. It ran fine untill recently when I started getting a vibration that is clutch/trans related. It only happens about half of the time. However, when it does happen, its pretty violent. It seems to vibrate the most in the higher gears & at startup. A few people here sugested that it may be my input shaft bearing, however I believe it is clutch realated because all I have to do is press & release the clutch and the shakes will go away. Almost like I am realigning the cluch/trans. Any ideas?

I have an aluminum driveshaft.
    No F-Body right now

What kind of pilot busing/bearing did you use? If the bushing/bearing is bad, it will grab off center and cause a bad vibration. It will be fine some times and very bad at other times.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Got a new bushing from NAPA forgot the manufacturer. I never put one in before... So its possible that I mis-installed it. But wouldnt the vibration started right away?
      No F-Body right now

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
        Got a new bushing from NAPA forgot the manufacturer. I never put one in before... So its possible that I mis-installed it. But wouldnt the vibration started right away?
        Not really. If the bushing has slid out of the crank or it is worn out for some reason. What did you lube it with? It's supposed to use a high temperature lube. It took me a while to find the lube when I put mine in. It's a high temp sticky or tacky lube. I bought it from NAPA too. Is yours a bearing or bushing?

Your symptoms are classic to a bushing/bearing failure.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Lube?... What Lube? haha

I think we may have found the problem.
          No F-Body right now

Comment

Lube?... What Lube? haha

I think we may have found the problem.
            LOL oops

Comment

This is what I used.
              http://www.lucasoil.com/products/dis...tid=2&loc=show

Comment

Just to make sure...I put a bushing in my car. I was susposed to lube the bushing. Right? Or is it just the bearing that you have to lube.
                No F-Body right now

Comment

Just to make sure...I put a bushing in my car. I was susposed to lube the bushing. Right? Or is it just the bearing that you have to lube.
                  both .

Comment

I used a bearing in mine and lubricated it with high temp wheel bearing grease. No problems to report.
                    Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:
                    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Can you get a bearing for a 3rd gen?

Comment

Are bearings better? How so? How long do they last?
                        No F-Body right now

Comment

Working...
                        X