Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight Question

My car is a 1997 TA.

This morning when I shut off my lights, they went down as usual. Except after going down I heard sort of a grinding noise for a couple of seconds. My immediate guess is that the gears are going.

I remeber seeing somewhere someone was selling metal replacement gears. Can anyone please get me that link? Also has anyone done this? How hard is it to do?

So after I got out of my car, I hit the alarm button on my remote. It beeped as usual, but it also flipped the lights up and down. Why did that happen?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Gene

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/

Comment

Same thing happened to me, gs, on my '94. I heard a grinding noise on my driver side headlight. Turned out the motor whent bad and had to be replaced. I think I paid around $200.00+ with labor.
      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Dont do what DJ Taso did, just read the website above and do the work yourself. I bought both gears, but have not replaced them yet as the temporary fix is working fine for now. But when they strip out, Ill just replace them with the new brass/copper whatever they are ones. It takes a short time to do the fix, so do it.

Mine did the samething with popping the lights up and down when the alarm was set, I never figured out why. Noone has been able to tell me either.
        1998 Trans Am. Hooker LT's, Hooker ORY, MTI Ported Throttle Body, K&N FIPK, Magnaflow Catback, Front and Rear 1LE Sway Bars, Hotchkis STB, and a little more.

Comment

Both of my headlights had that problem, the worn out plastic gear. Doing the 180 with the gear worked great for the one but not the other. I ended up getting one brass replacement gear. Instructions, grease, and apoxy come with the gear. They cost $42 and it only took two days for delivery. It is easy to do also. The guy that sells the brass gears deals mainly in Fieros. I think you click on electrical on his site to get to it. The site is
          www.rodneydickman.com

Ryan
          96 Trans Am WS6 M6, K&N Filter, BBK Headers, Spec Stage II clutch, 180 Thermostat, MadZ28 tune... Best 1/4 13.76@103.7

Comment

Working...
          X