header heating start Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• header heating start Problem

Well we finally got the 383 stroker in my car and she sounds good and runs fast. The only problem is, once the headers warm up and I turn off the car and try to re-crank her there is some drag on the starter. We wrapped some header wrap around the headers but it still drags. Next we're going to try and put a high performance starter on her. Does anyone else have any advice?

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/753605

Get the headers ceramic coated, they put out a whole lot of heat if they aren't and the coating helps to keep the heat in, I am of course assuming that the headers are not already coated. The problems with starting sound heat related. Also header wrap from what i have read here can be somewhat dangerous because if oil gets onto them then it can ignite with the hot temps, but im sure others will give their 2 cents as well
    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Get the headers coated, wrap the starter or put a shield in between there, and if you have to, remote mount a starter solenoid, cause yours is getting heat-soaked.

Comment

Working...
      X