Problems After Intake Fix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems After Intake Fix

Well I fixed the dreaded intake leak, everything went fine, I also swapped out the thermostat for a 160 while i was at it, put everything back together and the car started fine and runs perfect also. I just noticed that when idleing, the rpms stumble a hair or two, and you can feel the car slightly shake when it does, another thing is it seems like my gas milage has worsened a bit, but it could just be me in observant-mode, what could have went wrong? I was careful to not get any coolant on the opti when i installed the thermo and bled the system, but my only guess is i DID get some on it, any ideas? any help is appreciated

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

I'm taking a wild guess here, but could it be a loose wire? Maybe during the install, you accidentally bumped one?
    Also, do you have access to a laptop/cable or scanner? I would scan it to see what the BLMs are. I think you might see elevated BLMs on one bank if one cylinder was misfiring because an O2 is seeing a "false lean" condition. Thus, it's attempting to compensate and add fuel. But if it's a small misfire, I'm not sure how much it would affect the BLMs. Either way, I'd try to check for loose plugs or wires first.
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

I would go back and check each harness connection for a firm seating. These weatherpack connectors can start showing some degradation of the contacts. Sometimes all you have to do is start the car and one by one wiggle the connectors until you find the one giving you problems. Other times you have to look a little deeper. I chased a stall condition one time down to the harness connector on the coil module. Every so often if the harness moved enough, one of the pins in the connector would contact and shut the car down. All I had to do was tweak the receptacle end to close the gap slightly and it works perfect. Can't say that's your problem but short of scanning it and seeing stuff in real time, that's where I would start. Then there's plugs, wires, opti, etc.

Comment

Well heck, one time I was stupid enough to not plug in the maf all the way or somthing and it came loose. Just check all your connections too.
        96 Camaro Z28, T-tops, 6 Speed, Slp CIA, Flowmaster cat-back, 3:42 gears

Comment

Make sure you got the intake elbow on correctly. It likes to bunch up on the bottom at the TB.
          Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
            I'm taking a wild guess here, but could it be a loose wire? Maybe during the install, you accidentally bumped one?
            Also, do you have access to a laptop/cable or scanner? I would scan it to see what the BLMs are. I think you might see elevated BLMs on one bank if one cylinder was misfiring because an O2 is seeing a "false lean" condition. Thus, it's attempting to compensate and add fuel. But if it's a small misfire, I'm not sure how much it would affect the BLMs. Either way, I'd try to check for loose plugs or wires first.
            No access to either

Thanks for all the help all, I didnt get a chance to check it out today cuz of the holiday and all, but tomorrow for sure if it doesnt rain! Another thing i was thinking, could it possibly be caused by a vaccum leak? Maybe a loose hose or one that split open when i reinstalled and didnt notice?

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

Comment

Working...
            X