PS Fluid leak??? Need Assistance...Pics w/n

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS Fluid leak??? Need Assistance...Pics w/n

I was just up under my car installing my 1LE swaybar when I noticed some oily buildup on sections of my power steering system. This car is relatively new to me and I had a 96 Z28 as my last car. The steering has seemed a tad bit imprecise requiring a bit more correction than my last car. I didn't think too much of it till I saw this. I'm going to check the fluid level as soon as my car comes off the jacks later today.

First 2 pics are of the driver's side. Last pic is on the passenger side. Thoughts?? Thanks in advance too!!!

Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Joe,
    Quite frankly, that leakage is nothing to worry about .... BUT, who wants leaks?!?

Check the tightness of all of the hose conections and give them a small crank. You may also want to pop the clamp on one and of each rack boot .... if there is fluid in the boot, your output seals on the rack are leaking.

Keep in mind, the leakage you show.... is very minor as far as functionality goes.

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

Thanks GG. I'll check the connections. One less thing to worry about, but I'll keep and eye on the fluid level. Wish it was cleaner, but I'll get over that!

Now I have to go find a new swaybar mount (piece that bushing bolts into). One of the nuts is stripped. Wasn't me, some previous mechanic wasn't paying attention.
      Joe K.
      '11 BMW 328i
      '10 Matrix S AWD
      Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Working...
      X