Head lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head lights

Can any one post me a link for headlight units were i can put oridanary bulbs in, as my sealed beam units are not much good on dark winter country roads in fog in the uk! someone please help!
    Screaming Mad
    Car: 1994 Camaro, 3.4l V6
    Pace Setter headers & Y pipe, Flowmaster Z28 exhaust, K&N cone filter. modded 4l60e, trans cooler, strut brace, Eibach pro-kit
    0-60 7.74
    1/4 16.52 @ 85.3

Bike: Suzuki GSXR K4 600, K&N filter,Rizla kit, R&G bobbins, Db screen, LED indicators

The sealed beams on the LT1 cars use the same plugs as 9005 & 9006 bulbs. Therefore, if your lens is in good shape, you can cut the plug off (use a band saw, cut-off wheel, etc) and then drill out the bulb unit until you can fit a 9005 / 9006 bulb in and silicone it in. This way you can choose from a variety of upgraded bulbs.

I use a stepped drill bit (looks like a christmas tree, get one @ Home Depot in the electrical section tools) to drill the bulb out (using a drill press). This gives a stepped drill hole that will allow the bulb to go in, yet still have a flange to seat the bulb's base flange.

If I still have any units that I had modified for my 94 Z (sold now), I'll take a pic or two.

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

Actually, you might be able to just pop the old bulbs out. They are glued to the housing, so putting the bulb in a bench vice and giving the housing a quick twist should break it loose. Just an alternative

But yes, what Gordon told you is about the only way to uprade the headlights. I did mine with a set of PIAA XTreme Whites and like them a lot
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Here is an old thread about it.
        http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthre...ght=headlights

I'm using "A1 Super White" bulbs in my housings. They are $25 a pair at Autozone. They are about 50% brighter than stock bulbs but use the same amount of power.

AmericanZ28 managed to get the bulbs out of his "Guide" housings. I tried but decided it was much easier to go get 2 "Wagner" housings.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I also managed to get the stock bulbs out of my Guide housings. Whichever housings you use, just make sure that the shaft on the back doesn't get damaged.
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Thanks guys, i'll have to give it ago, cause it would be nice to see!
            Screaming Mad
            Car: 1994 Camaro, 3.4l V6
            Pace Setter headers & Y pipe, Flowmaster Z28 exhaust, K&N cone filter. modded 4l60e, trans cooler, strut brace, Eibach pro-kit
            0-60 7.74
            1/4 16.52 @ 85.3

Bike: Suzuki GSXR K4 600, K&N filter,Rizla kit, R&G bobbins, Db screen, LED indicators

Comment

Working...
            X