Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runs poorly after startup...

Hey everyone,
    Im having problems with my 91 Camaro 305TBI. When I first start it up & for the first 10-15 minutes it runs really rough and it doesnt want to rev. I know you arent susposed to rev a cold engine, but I thought that info may help someone point me in the right direction. Anyway, after a little while the car runs much better. I am guessing this has to do with the open loop/closed loop thing.
    This may be in my head, but the car seems to run better with a full tank of gas? Mabey a fuel pressure problem. I am going to put a fresh fuel filter on it and change the plugs. We will see if that helps.
    No F-Body right now

my guess is make sure it has a tune up done recently(plugs, wires, cap, rotor) make sure u have good fuel pressure(think its around 14 on tbis, cant remember) go over to thirdgen.org, look in the TBI room, if u can think of it, it has been asked/answered
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Another possibility....

Check the coolant temp sensor. If it isn't telling the ECM that the engine is cold, its not going to richen the mixture for the cold start.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
      X