summer goal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• summer goal

My summer expectaitions, during this summer my goal is to hit high 12's to low 13s on street rads and on pump gas, heres some things that are on the agenda so far, borla cat back, ram air hood/functional air box, headers, 1.6 rockers, what should i expect out of this? hoping at least LOW-mid 13s. comments and suggestions to help me reach my summer goal appericated!
    1995 Trans Am, 75k, T-tops, 6-speed, Pace Setter Long Tubes and ORY, Custom Flow-TECH Terminator Exhaust, Hurst Shifter, Cags plus free mods........Up next; Tune and CAI

Thats definately a good way to start exhaust and intake mods are always a good palce to go, 4.10 gears would probably be helpful as well, and then after all of that stuff is done, a good tune from pcmforless or madZ28 would help out as well. As far as other suggestions I'll let some of the others handle it
    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

I think if you add gears you will be there. I had pretty similar mods, plus my car was lowered, except that I did not have headers or 1.6 rockers and ran a 13.68.

I think with a little better traction and those couple extra mods you'll be close. Not sure about high twelves though. More like lower 13's. A lot depends on the headers. But, every car is different.

'95 TA A4, 118000 on the clock!
      Borla, Strange 3.73's, SLP CAI, Vortech elbow,AFS Z06 Wheels,White gauges/blue backlighting,blue custom interior,MBA Shift knob,MadZ28 Tune, Intrax springs, Bilstein shocks, ES Trans Mount, Honeycomb taillights.

13.685@102.11

Comment

a cheap way out would be a shot of nitrious. but intake, exhuast, gears, and a tune wouldnt hurt at all
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

you wont get into the high 12's without a cam and maybe some headwork, along with good headers, 52mm tb and the precise tune.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

With those mods there I'd look for around a 13.4-13.6 there are a ton of variables. As thenudge876 said a tune would really help especially with the 1.6 rr's. If your thinking about doing a cam I'd hold off till you have the money for head work to go with the cam. Also some traction mods such as sub frame connectors, LCA's, upgraded panhard bar ect will really help lower your 60 footer and that'll reduce your e.t.
            1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Ram air, free mods, assorted bolt ons, 1.6 rockers, SLP Shorties, Random tech high flow Y pipe, borla, aluminum driveshaft, 3.73s, suspension mods, tune, got me to a best of 13.0 at 107 on radials. That's with an automatic and a stock stall converter. Give me some ET streets and a 2800 converter and I'm in the high 12s easy. Suspension work and sticky tires does wonders for hooking up.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                Ram air, free mods, assorted bolt ons, 1.6 rockers, SLP Shorties, Random tech high flow Y pipe, borla, aluminum driveshaft, 3.73s, suspension mods, tune, got me to a best of 13.0 at 107 on radials. That's with an automatic and a stock stall converter. Give me some ET streets and a 2800 converter and I'm in the high 12s easy. Suspension work and sticky tires does wonders for hooking up.
                your'e one of the very few though Joe..ive been following this stuff a long time, as you have... most guys dont see below mid 13's with that stuff....

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

13.410 @ 102.66 with A4 3.23 stock stall, stock heads & cam. My mph suffered alot due to knock retard pulling timing. Previous best was 13.466 @ 103.85 w/a 2.078 60' pulling timing from 93mph through the trap. I think if I could finally get the knock issue resolved 13.2's would definately be possible with what I have now.

Finally found the right settings for the rear suspension to hook. Front end is lifting pretty well.
                  1995 Firebird Formula
                  (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

gears.. yes I wouldn't mind maybe some 3:73s, also what could I expect to pay for a tune from madz28 or pcmforless?..Thanks for the all the respones guys, I have got some thigns to think about!
                    1995 Trans Am, 75k, T-tops, 6-speed, Pace Setter Long Tubes and ORY, Custom Flow-TECH Terminator Exhaust, Hurst Shifter, Cags plus free mods........Up next; Tune and CAI

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                      your'e one of the very few though Joe..ive been following this stuff a long time, as you have... most guys dont see below mid 13's with that stuff....

I definetly agree with you ken that not many LT1's see those numbers with those mods. Joe didn't yours run in the 13's stock?
                      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Working...
                      X