Ever Try This?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever Try This?

Anyone ever try buying 2 different brand of tires. For example 2 g-force kdw's, and 2 falken ziex all seasons? Then you could switch the all seasons in the rear for cold months, and switch back with g-force kdw's for hot months. Is that smart, or not a good idea?
    94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

cold months, depending on where u live, i would get a set of 4 steel 16" wheels for 4th gens(base model or salad shooters) and throw a good set of snows, and keep ur good tires on ur good rims
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

In general it is not a good idea to run mismatched tires on your car. It can affect the handling in bad ways when the front and rear of the car exhibit different traction characteristics. Different rubber compounds and tread patterns will grip in different ways and you want the car to be as balanced as possible.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Lets make sure I am understanding you correctly..

-In the summer you are going to run the all seasons up front and the summer tires out back.

-In the winter you are going to run the summertires up front and the all seasons out back.

This means you will be using summertires on the front of your car in the snow!!! NOT A GOOD IDEA! It might just be me, but I usually like to be able to stop in the snow.

I dont know why people only worry about the rear tires in a RWD car. Its like they forget that the front tires are still doing your braking & steering.
        No F-Body right now

Comment

I was told g-force kdw's were good in the snow????
          94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by EquatorHeat00
            I was told g-force kdw's were good in the snow????
            That would be the KDWS you're thinking of. KDW is just dry and wet.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....rce+T%2FA+KDWS
            Joe K.
            '11 BMW 328i
            '10 Matrix S AWD
            Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by EquatorHeat00
              Anyone ever try buying 2 different brand of tires. For example 2 g-force kdw's, and 2 falken ziex all seasons? Then you could switch the all seasons in the rear for cold months, and switch back with g-force kdw's for hot months. Is that smart, or not a good idea?

Honestly, that's just plain silly. Nuff' said...
              Al 96 Ram Air T/A
              Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Working...
              X