tranny

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tranny

need some guidance.i have 96 z-28 with a six speed all the gears go through fine except for fifth any suggestions.the car has 141000 on it it drives fine all the gears go through fine except for 5th no mods have been done yet except for a borla exhaust.the car just will not go into 5th gear at any time.

i think a bit more information is required. How many miles on the car? Does it make any noises? What do you mean when you say all the others go through fine and that one doesnt? And Mods done to the car? Under what conditions does the car have trouble (normal driving, WOT, etc.) With a bit more info we will be able to give you a little more direction.
    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

based on the very limited info provided I would guess 5th gear syncros are shot.

Comment

Will it go into 5th when the engine is not running? If not, you have a linkage problem internal in the transmission. If it will when not running but won't when running it's probably a synchro problem.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

thanks

i think you solved the problem for me.

Comment

Working...
          X