major power drain!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• major power drain!

i return home from work on friday and when i go to start my car to get to work on monday the battery is drain to the point where it would run a coffee marker!?! this happen in the winter only i have shecked the battery cables a number of times but there is no power drain! the alternator was tested and is in great shape especially for the cars age. and the battery is less than 2 yrs new! as much as a hate to im considering of leaving rat poison in the engine compartment to kill off any gremlins! wut r ur ideas?

another interesting fact is that the engine does not need any real warming up until it has set for almost 9 hrs!!!

ps
    my t/a is an 82...the same as kitt, and when the car runs rough it sounds like its chuckling at me!?! ...curious...is my car in fact messing with me...is it alive and possesses a sick sense of humor...is god on a cloud somewhere laughing? all good questions...well, not really.
    1982 Trans am w/ t-tops
    V8 5.0L 305 H out of an '86 Caprice
    previous owners abused it!!!

Get a light tester. Leave the car off and start putting the light tester in line with each of the circuts in the car. When the light lights up, that is your draining circut. The easist way to do it is at the fuse panel. I had a battery drain on my 91, it turned out to be the rear hatch pull-down motor.
    No F-Body right now

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
      Get a light tester. Leave the car off and start putting the light tester in line with each of the circuts in the car. When the light lights up, that is your draining circut. The easist way to do it is at the fuse panel. I had a battery drain on my 91, it turned out to be the rear hatch pull-down motor.
      there r times when i close my doors and i hear a vibration, similar to a motor, coming from right behind the driver side door. it goes for about 1 or 2 seconds then stops. i have scrutinized every schematic of the 82 trans am, THERE IS NOTHING THERE, with the exception of the stereo and wiring.
      1982 Trans am w/ t-tops

Comment

Is the battery under warranty? Most have some kind of warrenty now a days.
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
          Is the battery under warranty? Most have some kind of warrenty now a days.
          we've traded in the battery once before i think, but the problem persists.
          1982 Trans am w/ t-tops

Comment

Working...
          X