02 firbird

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 firbird

Hey i just bought a 2002 firebird in great condition.... i want to know what i should do with it.... its a V6... my friends say to twin turbo it but idk i want to drop a 350 crate in it but thats a lot more expensive than just twinturboing it... but my first step is i am getting a K&N cold air intake then i am getting Flowmasters to upgrade the dual exhaust it already has on it.... can someone please email me or reply to this... my email is bozopinozo421@hotmail.com thank you!

I take it this is your first f-body?

Good luck with a TT set-up...it ain't gonna happen. There are turbo kits for the 3.8, but I never seen or heard of a TT set-up.

Stay away from Flowmaster...

Forget a engine swap...you're better off just selling your car and picking up a V8.

You said it already has dual...F-bodies don't have true duals, but I'm assuming you have dual exhuast exits. If that's the case your V6 probably has the Y87 package.

I shouldn't say "it ain't gonna happen"...anything is possible if you have deep pockets.

If you're really looking at modding your V6, have some ideas about where you want to go.

First thing I'd do is make it breathe easier...intake and exhuast.

www.firebirdv6.com
    www.thunderracing.com <---great V6 products

research your car...f-bodies aren't like anything else on the road.

Welcome aboard.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Well a TT setup can happen on any car ever made. Even the over the counter turbo kits require a significant amount of fab work. If you compare 20 different turbocharged f-bodies, not one of them would be even close to the same.

The real question is will the stock bottom end handle the boost, and is worth the money on this V6? Sell it and buy a V8.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_firebird
        i want to know what i should do with it.... its a V6...
        I would do a cold air intake, muffler and tailpipes, a few bolt ons and effeciency items, maybe rear end gears and leave it at that. Then you can enjoy the car without dumping major bucks into it and breaking other items in the process. It can perform decent just with that. If you insist, maybe a small shot of nitrous. Anything other than that will require you to dump some serious cash and time into the project.

Comment

definetlly spray that *****.
          R.I.P. 2001 Trans Am- C5's 17" and 18", way too expensive stereo, SLP LM, WS6 hood, and more to come.
          2002 GSXR 750- PC, -1, tinted windscreen

Comment

Working...
          X