Wilwood Brake Kit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilwood Brake Kit?

I was wondering if anyone knows what high performance high heat brake pads are compatible with the Wilwood 6 piston Brake Kit and where I can find them? I have a '94 Trans Am LT1 and I'm going to be building my engine up into a supercharged 383 stroker making around 500 horsepower and between 470 to 490 ft/lbs of torque to the wheels and I want a set of pads that will allow me to perform on the quarter mile track and a road course track without burning up quickly, preferably a set that will withstand between 700 to 800 degrees.

Thanks!

For street use, why not just check with Wilwood? They offer a variety of pads, and you know they would fit correctly. They have complete details on the various compounds they have available, performance graphs showing temperatures, and application guides showing what pads they have for what calipers:

What type of brake pads should I use for street performance?

Wilwood has the right brake pad for your street performance application. PolyMatrix brake pads include compounds "D", "E", "Q" and "T". PolyMatrix Q is a ceramic enhanced formula developed for ultra quiet performance.
    http://brakepads.wilwood.com/

I wouldn't worry about the brake pads for the 1/4-mile.... I can pull it down from 130mph with little effort at all on the stock brakes, 75K miles on the original pads. Most high MPH 1/4-mile cars are running light weight brakes with fairly skimpy pads.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
    X