VATS Bypass Module?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VATS Bypass Module?

I was surfing ebay when I ran across this particular auction. It's a small box that when connected to the VATS connector, will bypass the anti-theft system. Now the first thing Im thinking is that its now going to be much easier for someone to steal my car if they can simply get past VATS with this module. But what I'm wondering is, how can one module possibly work for all cars if there are 15 different possibilities (pellets)? One wrong guess, and you have to wait a while before you can try the next. What do you guys think about this? It doesnt look like you're required to provide the pellet number to complete the order either. VATS BYPASS
    1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

The bcm decodes the resistance from the key and sends a signal to the pcm. The vats bypass mimics the signal from the bcm. The bcm signal is the same regardless of the key's resistance are all the same. At least that's the way thirdgen's work.

I think.
    1989 TA
    Flowmaster exhaust
    Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
    K&N CAI
    Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanZ28
      I was surfing ebay when I ran across this particular auction. It's a small box that when connected to the VATS connector, will bypass the anti-theft system. Now the first thing Im thinking is that its now going to be much easier for someone to steal my car if they can simply get past VATS with this module. But what I'm wondering is, how can one module possibly work for all cars if there are 15 different possibilities (pellets)? One wrong guess, and you have to wait a while before you can try the next. What do you guys think about this? It doesnt look like you're required to provide the pellet number to complete the order either. VATS BYPASS
      That bypass module has nothing to do with the key pellet. It provides the square wave ground pulses to the PCM to allow the engine to run. There are two things to bypass with VATS and that's only one of them (the key pellet being the other).
      Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
      X