Missfireing...again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missfireing...again!

Car is miss fireing again....after plugs and wires just a couple months ago. I think its a bad o2...but would a bad o2 foul out the spark plugs within that time? Its throwing a code but not quite sure what it is.
    96 Camaro Z28, T-tops, 6 Speed, Slp CIA, Flowmaster cat-back, 3:42 gears

fouling plugs

The o2 sensor will foul your plugs. The thing will run real rich. Have your codes checked 1st before throwing parts at it

Comment

When you changed the plugs and wires, did you happen to put those small metal boot covers over the boots? If so, they caused an awful misfire on my car about five minutes after I started it.
      1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

No. they wouldnt even fit over them. Their msd wires.

Comment

get the code read(auto zone should be able to do it) and then go from their, only way 2 kno for sure
          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Well code I got was bank 2 sensor two not reading. That would have nothing to do with the missfire though I dont think. Beings how those rear o2's only read of the cats are clogged or somthing like that if I'm correct. But how in the hell do I get rid of that code then!?!?! It's a brand new o2 sensor as of like a couple months ago or a little more. My guess is somthing in the wireing.....but how would I go about fixing it????

Comment

Working...
            X