Install Wheel/Tire Myself

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install Wheel/Tire Myself

Will 17 by 9.5 wheel with 5 lug 4.75 bolt pattern with 56 mm offset inluding tires (275-40-17) will they fit right on my car from stock wheels, and can I install them myself without anything else being done to the car. Is it as simple as taking a wheel off, and putting another wheel on, or does a service station have to do something else that I dont have the equipment for? Speedo ajustment I can do myself.
    94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

jack it up and switch em out...you're fine.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Since you have a 1994, you may have a minor problem. On the 4th Gen F-Bodys, up through the late 1996 models, the rear hub diameter is 0.03" larger than the front hub diameter. This was corrected in late 1996 or early 1997 model year 4th Gens. This means that if you get the wheels intended for the later model cars, or for Corvettes, you MAY have a problem with the rear wheels not fitting over the rear hubs on your 1994.

If that happens, you will need to very lightly grind or sand the inner diameter of the hub hole in the rear wheels, to get them to fit correctly. No big deal, easy to do.... but you need to be aware of this potential problem, to insure you do not force the rear wheels on the oversize hubs and get them stuck, or damage them.

Read some of the posts in this FAQ from the Wheels and Tires forum at CamaroZ28.com:

http://64.65.63.61/forums/showthread.php?t=372353
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
      X