X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi seats in an F-body

Check this out guys. I stumbled upon it on thirdgen.org

http://thirdgen.org/techbb2/showthre...hreadid=306193

The guy said he paid about $600 for the whole set. They're not only adjustable, but heated as well. IMO, that looks amazing. Awesome idea. If my 88 Formula hadn't crapped out on me, I was going to put some Dodge Neon seats in it. I think he has me beat, though.
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Very nice!

Comment

I like it, looks good with the 4th gen console in there too. Audi does have some nice seats.
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
        I like it, looks good with the 4th gen console in there too. Audi does have some nice seats.
        I've never sat in an Audi. How comfortable are the seats and how well do they hold you in place during tight turns? I might look into a set down the line.
        Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
        SOLD- Kinda miss it
        SOLD- Good riddance!
        2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

They are pretty nice. Very comfortable, yet they hold you in place nicely. Hmmmm...I think the Z could use new seats lol
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

That looks awesome and very comfortable. I just don't like seats with headrests. That is very sweet though.
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Those fit in a 4th gen also?

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

Comment

Did he have to fab his own sliders or was he able to utilize the existing sliders?

Comment

*EDIT* I might as well just repost what he said-

Originally posted by Z28_from_Europe
                  This weekend i installed a set of leather seats from an wrecked 2003 audi TT (Front and rear seats).
                  The rear seats were a lot of work but the front almost bolted right in.
                  The fronts even sit 1 Inch lower than the factory seats and are still fully adjustable (they even have heating in them)
                  What do you guys think of it?
                  Greetings from Holland!!
                  Not sure if they'd fit in a 4th gen. I'd assume so, but I don't know for sure. Lots of guys pop 4th gen interiors into their third gens (I mean everything, from dash to seats to console, etc). If a 4th gen interior can fit in a third gen perfectly, I'd imagine that whatever can fit into a 3rd gen can fit in a 4th gen. Then again, my 88 Formula seemed a lot bigger on the inside than my T/A. I'm sure someone here can answer that.
                  SOLD- Kinda miss it
                  SOLD- Good riddance!

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
                    I've never sat in an Audi. How comfortable are the seats and how well do they hold you in place during tight turns? I might look into a set down the line.

The one I sat in (a 2000ish S4) had very, very nice leather. Much nicer than what you find in an f-body. Very supple. Seats were comfy and firm. I just loved the feel and softness of the leather.
                    Dave M
                    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

That's awesome. I never realized previous to seeing this, but it seems that the Audi front seats look very similar to our seats...of course without our "pleather" and cheap plastic. I wonder how much they weigh compared to our f-body seats
                      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Working...
                      X