Overheating! help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheating! help

Ok, today i got home from the sushi place and i glanced down at the temp gauge and it was maxed out! I turned it off, let it cool a little and filled it back up. I unplugged the battery for 30min to reset the comp. (i never did when i cleaned the TB a couple weeks ago) then i started it and waited. Around 3/4 my fan kicked on, it looked like it was going to cool, but then just started rising more. any ideas guys?

Well..... how about the usual stuff: any coolant in the radiator? If not , why not? leaks: hoses, water pump. If full of coolant, has system been purged? Got the air out from the high point air taps (brass screws on 1/2" heater hose, and thermostate housing). Possiby stuck thermostat.

Call back for more bad news if not part of the above.
    The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

im thinking stuck thermo. I was only losing water after overheat. and it was throught the reservior overfill. So i did replace the thermo with a new one. It seems to have fixed the problem. Now which other bleed do i use? i used the one by the water neck.

Comment

Originally posted by 94TAonASSASINS
        Now which other bleed do i use? i used the one by the water neck.
        Use both. Open each one seperately, and several times to completely purge the air bubbles.

Comment

Working...
        X