Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint issues

Hey all,
    Besides the spw's. When I hit a mailbox with the Hawk. Pulling out of the parkinglot at work. I heard a pop (which was the axl going bad) freeked out and overcorrected and then the mailbox.
    Anyway the bodyshop had some issues and I found a crapload of overspray all over the Hawk.
    Now, I have an appointment Monday to have them take it off.
    This is the second time (different shop) I have had overspray issues. What is the deal with these professionals. The first time was factory defect on the hood. Took 5 times to get it right.
    Anybody else have these issues? I know I am not the only one. This was a shop considered Service First from State Farm.

Adam H. 2002 T/A Firehawk #536 M6

Some shops get in a hurry and some just don't care. Too bad about the overspray but at least it can be polished off...''Service First" is a Direct Repair Program. Although it is one of the best programs out there compared to all other insurance DRPs, once in a while the shop isn't the best...Just to let ya know, Direct repair shops are usually notlooking out for your best interests. In fact, they cater mostly to the insurance company which results in getting referals. Much like HMOs...Good luck...
    Greg W. in West Michigan
    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
    <Motor out

Comment

Just a run of bad luck. Most shops will take the time to cover the car correctly.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

over spray is soo common in alot of body shops, they mostly just dont care since its not theirs, i c it all the time at a body shop next door 2 my job we get a quite few cars with over spray on stuff n also runs in the paint n they want us to detail the car and then wet sand the hell out of the runs, pretty crappy jobs, but thats most body shops around here..... a good body shop will cost u..... n if u wanna go cheap u go to maaco and get that crap.....
        1967 Camaro "Project"
        1972 Chevelle "454"
        1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

Working...
        X