Problem starting question...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem starting question...

My wife just called and was in the parking lot at the mall and said that the car wouldn't start. She got it going while we were still on the phone, but I am still a bit curious. She said all the guages went up, including the battery guage, but whenshe turned the key, nothing happened. So, I figure either she forgot to depress the clutch or the resistor in the key was dirty....or, something else is wrong. Anybody ever had this happen before? I gotta take a look at it when she gets home in a few minutes.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Check the battery connections, especially the negative. Current flows out of the battery from the negative side. Could have been the resistor in the key. Check the actual battery and alternator as well.

Comment

I had that happen once. It finally stopped cranking completely and I found the problem was the clutch safety switch had come out of its bracket.

One more thing to check.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Cool...thanks, guys. That gives me a place to start.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Todd...any updates?

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
          X