Exhaust Leak Fix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Leak Fix

Im sick and tired of this leak. First thing Im going to do this week is weld the cut where we had to put the slip fit connector on for the BBK headers. That is where that band clamp was, which has black soot spewing out from a small spot. If that does not fix it I'm going to take off all the header bolts and slip the paper gaskets out and put on the Percy Aluminum ones. (part # 66031 - For the LT1 D-port)

My question is what about the gasket between the driver side manifld and catalytic converter?

These fixes should end the leak correct?
    1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Here's one of my secret tech tips........

Aluminum foil makes a great exhaust sealer. A simple small strip of it wrapped around the pipe, crush it with either the joining of the pipe or the band clamp. Several ways to do it, it may take a little practice but it wrks great to seal irregular joints.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      Here's one of my secret tech tips........

Aluminum foil makes a great exhaust sealer. A simple small strip of it wrapped around the pipe, crush it with either the joining of the pipe or the band clamp. Several ways to do it, it may take a little practice but it wrks great to seal irregular joints.
      Right on. You should use the aluminum foil under the band clamps because it fills in the slits and irregularities. Borla ships some foil with their exhausts. Too bad they shipped me the wrong exhaust the first time and also the wrong size clamps for the pipes

Comment

That is one heck of a trick - I've got to remember that . . . . .
        Darrin C
        '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
        07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Working...
        X