Tire Size Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Size Needed

I just got a set of wheels for my car and I'm tryin to figure out what size tire will fit on it. I don't wanna buy the size I'm thinking if they arent gonna work. I looked around alil but didn't find anything for the rears. So, Here's the sizes:

Front - 17 x 9.5 - +54mm BS - 70.8mm Hub
    I'm thinking a 275/40-17 should look right.

Rear - 18 x 10.5 - +58mm BS - 70.8mm Hub I read that I will need to sand the hub area alil and will need spacers for the rears.
    I'm thinking a 295/35-18 should look right and fit.

Any info would be great.

Thanks.
    Richard Harvey Jr.
    '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Originally posted by TruckMuddr
    I just got a set of wheels for my car and I'm tryin to figure out what size tire will fit on it. I don't wanna buy the size I'm thinking if they arent gonna work. I looked around alil but didn't find anything for the rears. So, Here's the sizes:

Front - 17 x 9.5 - +54mm BS - 70.8mm Hub
    I'm thinking a 275/40-17 should look right.

Rear - 18 x 10.5 - +58mm BS - 70.8mm Hub I read that I will need to sand the hub area alil and will need spacers for the rears.
    I'm thinking a 295/35-18 should look right and fit.

Any info would be great.

Thanks.
    The sizes you picked are a perfect match for the wheels. However, you could vary slightly if you like. Those are the same size wheels that come standard on a C5 Z06. The rear size you picked is what comes on the Z. The front is a 265 but many switch to the 275.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

wow, Talk about quick service. That one of the reasons I love this site.

Thanks man, I feel better about ordering them now Could I go with a 245 or 255 up front, right now I have 245/50-16(I think) and I'll save alil weight
      Richard Harvey Jr.
      '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by TruckMuddr
        wow, Talk about quick service. That one of the reasons I love this site.

Thanks man, I feel better about ordering them now Could I go with a 245 or 255 up front, right now I have 245/50-16(I think) and I'll save alil weight
        Sure but be careful about the rim vs. tire widths. The best place to look is on tirerack.com. If you go to the specs of the tires, it will give you recommended ranges for wheel widths for the particular tire. Keep in mind, the overall diameters could change also. The stance of your car will change with the overall diameters of the tires.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

With a 9.5" wide wheel you could go as narrow as a 255/45-17 in the front... nothing narrower than that. Unless you are really into the "skinny" look for the front, I wouldn't give up the handling that the 275's will give you.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
          X