Tranny's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny's

Ok guys...i am finaly in a position to buy a ss or ws6. Instead of looking at a year, i have been looking at milage. Now i have heard some things on what year to get because of tranny issues. Is there any truth that some years have them and others dont?

Please help...want to get mine soon

PAUL
    2000 Camaro SS
    Red on Dark Grey Leather,
    6 spd, Bilstein Suspension,
    Auburn Differential, Chrome ZR1 Wheels, SLP Performance Exhaust (not loudmouth........yet

Get a T56 six speed and you wont have to worry about it. The 4l60 or 4l60e is a good unit, but wont hold up (in stock form) with many mods to the engine. The 6 speed can take some real abuse.
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

So there is no difference in the slave cylinders from one year to the next?
      2000 Camaro SS
      Red on Dark Grey Leather,
      6 spd, Bilstein Suspension,
      Auburn Differential, Chrome ZR1 Wheels, SLP Performance Exhaust (not loudmouth........yet

Comment

There's a fairly recent book out on "LS1/LS6 Performance" by Chris Endres. Has a lot of very specific info on the differences from year to year, and a very good guide on how to get a ton of performance, both with bolt-ons and with major power adders. I'd get a copy of the book and look it over before selecting a specific year. Less than $20 it your local Barnes & Noble... or even less on the 'net.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X