Fuel Gauge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Gauge

Ok I have to figure out where to start. My fuel guage is stuck past the full mark. It does not move up or down If anyone has had this problem please share the fix info

Oooops Its my 1995 Z28 lt1 with the problem. I hope I dont have to drop the tank to fix it.

Comment

When that happened to mine, the sending unit was bad. Not only do you have to access the unit in the tank.... it is only sold in a complete assembly with the full fuel pump mounting bracket, wiring and line connections, for about $250 list.

Shoebox has a table of sender resistance vs. fuel level on his website. That would allow you to check the sender via the wiring harness.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I saw a web site posted here about cutting a flap in the rear to access the fuel pump assembly is this a good idea ? and is it easy to locate where to cut?
        As it is I have just been refueling at evey 150 miles the car is not driven daily.
        Today I refeuled cost was $17.00 at $2.20 = 8 gal. So I believe I am getting decent millage with the 6sp
        Also this car has 160K with this manny miles what would be the best oil to use ? I have been using Harley Davidson 20w50. It was just handy, I buy it by the case for my Electraglide, the bike dose'nt leak I just change it every 3000k.
        Main transportation

Comment

Does the needle drop to E when you shut off the car, or is it still stuck on F with the key off?
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

How long has it been doing this? There were news reports a few months ago about bad gas in the gulf coast casuing this in just about anybody's car who used the gas. You may still be able to go back to the gasoline manufacturer and have them pay for the repairs if that was indeed the cause.
            Dave M
            Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

I bought the car about a week before christmas and it was that way so I have no clue

Comment

No it stays above full and never moves?

Comment

Working...
                X