need help have timeslip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help have timeslip

Car is 98 Z28, Slp loudmouth exhaust, ram air, cold air intake, SLP airlid. Automatic
    1/4 mile time sucks with a lot to do with my r/t

this is not my best slip but the only one i can find

r/t 1.533
    60 2.220
    330 6.043
    1/8 9.086
    mph 81.98
    1/4 13.895
    mph 101.91

Seems to me my 1/8 mile time isnt to bad for the little bit i have done. My r/t sucks if i get a shift kit and gears i thikn i'll be doing ok, any other advice? My best time was 13.812 with again a horrible r/t. Putting a shift kit in tomorrow and what other bolt on parts can i do that will make a significant distance. My bud said that my 1/8 time is good but its my 3rd gear thats kickin my butt any suggestions?
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
    Traded in: 1998 Z28
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

I'll tell you what I see by looking at that timeslip. First up, your reaction time has absolutely no effect on your ET, so you can throw that out.

You're 60 foot time is high for an automatic car. I assume you are still running Eagles or some other sort of radial tire because auto's on drag radials usually cut 1.6-1.8. Drop that 60 foot and your ET will improve big time. By the way, automatics typically are faster on the dragstrip because you can preload the rearend, which makes it less likely to spin out of the hole. Auto cars usually run .2 - .3 faster 60 foot times than an equal 6 speed car.

You're 1/8th mile time is not anywhere near on par. This looks to me like a slippage in the tranny or some serious traction issues somewhere at the beginning of the track. I have a 6 speed LT1 car, which is slower than an automatic (see above paragraph). I run 8.60's in the eighth on motor, and the only mods I have are cat delete, a K&N, and a pulley. You have more power than me (until I hit the button ) and should be running lower than that in the 1/8 even on a bone stock car. Have you changed your shift points, upped your rev limiter, or any of that? If not, you need to, because your 1/8th mile is low for what you have.

You're car does do some pulling after the 1/8th. To go from 1/8th to the 1/4 in 4.8 seconds is booking.

Don't worry about the reaction time unless you start calling people out. If you want some advice on the tree, leave when you see the last yellow bulb light up. Get a torque convertor, some drag radials, maybe some gears, and you will be well into the 12's.
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

My suggestion is to pick up a g-tech pro or something and learn to drive the car. While the g-tech isn't exactly the same as running at the track, it is close enough. By learning how to get the best 60', the ET should follow. With a g-tech you don't have to go to the track, you can spend lots of time perfecting your launch. My g-tech pro was one of the best investments. I really learned what driving technics the car responded to and that alone shaved 3 tenths off my time.

Comment

Working...
      X