No announcement yet.

Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner, thick goo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner, thick goo?

At the filling station I decided to add some Lucas injector cleaner and as I was pouring some into my car's tank I noticed it was taking a while to empty the bottle. Turns out the stuff pours out like a thick goo and even smells like motor oil. Is this suff supposed to be this thick or did I just pour half a bottle of bad cleaner into my tank?

Thanks
    1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

u sure it was cleaner?
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Yep, it's pretty thick especially if it's cold outside. Lucas injector cleaner is also an upper cylinder lubricant, so that's why it's a little thicker that just a regular injector cleaner solvent.

Comment

I found a bottle and poured some out at work and it was kind of thick The bottle of Lucas had been sitting on my floor board for a few days and was cold to the touch so it must have just thicken up due to the low temperature. Kind of spooked me though, I thought the cleaner had went bad or something. It just didn't look right pouring something into my gas tank that was more viscous then the 10w30 Royal Purple I pour into my engine.
        1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

Comment

It's thick but it's good!

I know what you're thinking . . . . . . STOP!
          Darrin C
          '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
          07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Working...
          X