pcmforless 1-3 shift fix/ quality service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pcmforless 1-3 shift fix/ quality service

I bought a 2800 stall vig this spring and had nothing but problems will it. I would go to the track and my trannny would shift from 1st to 3rd gear . Than get stuck in second gear. I couldn't figure out what was going on. The problem was I had a obd 1 computer (had a obd2 connector). Well the fix I found out was to convert to a obd2 computer. Thats great I get to spend another $400 to convert my computer! I herd about pcmforless and gave Bryne a call. He said he had a fix and I wouldn't have to spend all that money. He sent me a computer within 3 days and I send my core back (very easy/no down time). Bryne told me right off the bat that this problem will work 9 out of 10 cars. Guess what, my car was the 10th car. I got a AKM cable and Bryne was more than helpfull to send me new programs. He would send me new programs the same day I e mailed him!Finally he found one that works. He went went the full distance and very helpfull! You don't find to many people give service like that!

Thats good to hear! And from what Ive heard, it costs less than Fastchips. Im defenetly gonna give em try if upgrade to a lumpier cam. Thanks for the info! So does you tranny shift like it should now?
    1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Yes, Its funny because it only did at the track. If I broke any traction it wouldn't happen? So I went to the track this week and its fixed! Bryne was a big help!

Comment

This is a huge issue over on the LT1 Edit list, where a lot of the guys are running fast cars. Generally shows up on a 3000 or more stall converter where the guy gets a 1.7 or better 60' time. I haven't seen the prob in my car, cause it won't hook well enough with the DRs at the track I go to, so I'm not losing any sleep over it, but it is driving a lot of guys crazy - at least those who are staying with the 4L60E...

Let us know how it goes at the track and how well it works in the future.

Comment

Working...
        X