speaker sizes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaker sizes

Okay guys...so last time I did my speakers on my old car i bought 5.25 inch components for the front. Well they were too small and I had to make brackets, so i did some researching and car audio reference pages say anything from 5.25 to 7 inches (who the hell makes 7 inch speakers?) anyways you guys are the most reliable source. Who has done their front speakers lately and what size did you end up using? oh and i'm halfway done with my opti-spark, not quite as bad as i expected i just hope i don't die from all the anti-freeze i swallowed

I've got 6" speakers in my doors. They seem to fit well. Actually they could be 6.5" I cannot remember for sure. Hopefully someone else with chime in.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

6.5" for the door panels and back seat, the panels in the rear have 5.25" i believe. I would suggest buying Component System speakers for the front so you get the midbass, tweeter and crossover

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

Comment

I had 6.5" Polk DX9's in the doors, and 6x9 Polk DX9's in the rear. If I remeber correctly, I had to slightly notch the sheetmetal for the rears. My TA didn't come with factory speakers in the sail panels.

Comment

Thanx guys, I'm gonna save this thread for future use. I would love to have 6X9's in the back seat and then just subs in the sail panels.

Comment

I just replaced my front speakers, as i do about every year, got to love the warranties at circuit city. I went with 6.5" pioneers for the front. Every speaker I have put in there has blown, regardless of the power rating because of the amps, so now adjusted the amp, so it should be good. I have blaupunkt components in the rear with the tweeters mounted in the roof right behind each seat.
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
            Traded in: 1998 Z28
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Working...
            X