Done with opti

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done with opti

I finished the job tonight. I only worked on it two nights for about 3-4 hours a piece. Wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. I have to wait for tomorrow night to start it up due to rtv curring time. But thanks for all of your guy's help. I'll let you know how it goes
    -Cody

I hope everything works out. I bet the suspense of to start her up is killing you.
    1989 TA
    Flowmaster exhaust
    Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
    K&N CAI
    Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

RTV on the water pump? If you used a paper gasket and very lightly skimmed both sides with RTV it will not require any curing time. Fire it up!
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Done!

Fired right up instantly. Havn't heard it fire that well in a loooong time. Other than the wicked air lock i had to make a mess of my floor to work out, everything sounds great. It runs 110% smoother, and yes the anticipation was driving me to drink all day yesterday. Now for those who have searched for the problem like i have and not found it. The symptoms were a jumped timing when attempting to start. rrrrrare rrrrare...etc. Next, the car would run great for 20 min untill heat soak sat in. From that point i would get a bad misfire in what i thought were the last two cylinders on the driver side. This only happened in low RPM's and in high RMPs would straighten out. Once again i only described this for those who are experiencing the same problem and using search forum.

Comment

What did you do with the old opti? I'd be curious to know what is wrong in there. I took mine apart just out of curiosity, because it has 30k on it (I ran a Crane Hi-6 and LX92 coil for the last 13k miles) and the engine is out of the car, and it looks pretty good in there. There was some crispy carbon deposits on the cap terminals & rotor - optical sensor was immaculate - bearing/bushing has a little play but probably not much once it is stuffed into the nose of the cam. It was running good when I took it apart. Definitely rebuildable ore reusable just as is.

Comment

Working...
          X