Kind of a stupid question but..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of a stupid question but..

Well..I went to change the wiper blades on my 98 T/A well we noticed they sit funny...they sorta lay over the side on the passenger side of the car and the arm doesnt meet the rubberish thing on the bottom of the windshield... and the wiper sits wrong the wrong way on the windshield..i have NO idea why though lol... anyways has anyone had this problem before? thanks!

**Red 98 Trans Am--Flowmaster--MTI Clear Lid--Smooth Bellow--B&M Shift Kit**
    **White 98 Dodge Stratus--Daily Driver!**
    **RIP Red Firebird 170k**

Originally posted by 99 Fir3bird Chick
    Well..I went to change the wiper blades on my 98 T/A well we noticed they sit funny...they sorta lay over the side on the passenger side of the car and the arm doesnt meet the rubberish thing on the bottom of the windshield... and the wiper sits wrong the wrong way on the windshield..i have NO idea why though lol... anyways has anyone had this problem before? thanks!
    Typically, the wiper arm doesn't mate to the surface while in resting position. It's because of the curve of the windshield. I can't remember on my Fbody and can't run up and view it as it is up on the lift and a car is under it. No big deal if I remember correctly.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Did you just replace the rubber blade or the entire assembly?

If you replaced the assembly then there are some types of 24" blades that won't work well with our cars. I know with Aranco blades you need to get the one labled specifically for F-bodies. Otherwise it won't sit flat against the windshield.

I always double check in the parking lot as soon as I buy them just to make sure. What brand did you get?
      Joe K.
      '11 BMW 328i
      '10 Matrix S AWD
      Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I didnt get any...those didnt even lay right i dont think... they make that icky sound when u turn them on like its its scrapping on a dry windshield even if its wet..haha im trying to explain it but its kinda difficult hmm...well i dont know we have attempted twice..I had Rain-X ones on my 99 they fit perfectly didnt even make that noise they usually make on a dry windshield..i dunno i guess ill keep checkin lol thanks!

Comment

where do u usually get yours from? Ive went to like 3 diff Auto-Zones...I have no idea lol my other one didnt have this problem...Im tempted to take the wiper arms off my v6 haha...maybe that'll fix my problem :-D

Comment

I had the same problem with the bosh wipers. I ended up getting the some trico ones I think they were 24.9".
            With those I have had no problem at all and I ended up saving like 5 bucks compaired to the bosh.

Here is something from there site. They look to be a texas company so you should be able to get them in the US.

rownsville, Texas) – To meet the needs of high-performance cars, Trico Products has announced an expansion of its line of easy-to-install Exact Fit wiper blades. The Exact Fit 24-9R blade is designed to fit 1997-1993 Chevrolet Camaros as well as the Pontiac Firebird and Firebird Trans Am. TRICO has found its latest version of the revolutionary Exact Fit blade to be ideal for these particular makes and models, which account for over 500,000 registered vehicles.
            94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

You need to bend the wiper to match up with the curvature of the windshield. It's really the only way to get uniform wiping on these cars.

I've had to do this with every replacement blade assembly I've used over the years.

Usually bending the smaller arc springs works best. It will take some practice but eventually you'll figure it out.

Plus use rain-x. You won't need em most of the time that way.

Comment

Thats all i ever use in rain-x but still i want my dang wipers to work right!! lol knowing something isnt workign right aggravated me to death..i guess thats a good thing and bad thing all at once haha ..:-D

Comment

Working...
                X