Camaro shift points

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camaro shift points

Is there any way to control the shift points on an auto 95 Z 28. Manual shifting does nothing, lifting the throttle is the only way to make it shift. The computer has been worked on and the shift points are too high, 6500-6600. This seems too high for the stock hydraulic rollers, (it may be lifter pump up I am not sure. The lifters were changed with a recent cam change.
    At the strip it tends to hit a rev limit just before it shifts and sputters a bit. After that it recovers and runs fine. Thanks for any ideas.

You could maybe get the computer re-tuned.....or there could be some programers out there to control the shift points. Try using the search features on this site and im sure other people will make suggestions as well.
    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Shift points are controlled by a TPS vs. MPH table. Sounds like you need some new programming.
      Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Vince
        Is there any way to control the shift points on an auto 95 Z 28. Manual shifting does nothing, lifting the throttle is the only way to make it shift. The computer has been worked on and the shift points are too high, 6500-6600. This seems too high for the stock hydraulic rollers, (it may be lifter pump up I am not sure. The lifters were changed with a recent cam change.
        At the strip it tends to hit a rev limit just before it shifts and sputters a bit. After that it recovers and runs fine. Thanks for any ideas.
        That is what mine did before it started going out. The next thing it did was when going around a hard corner it would drop out of gear. Since I don't see any way the computer could have reprogrammed itself I think that is a sign of it needing a rebuild. "The end is near".
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Shift problem

Thanks for the input. The trans was just rebuilt when the motor work was done. I am going to send the computer back for a reset. What does a stock one shift at? This one has a mild cam in it, with port work, valves, headers, and some other mods. It runs well, 84mph in the 1/8th, but a lack of gears and a converter kill the ET, 8.95. Had a 72 Nova that ran the same MPH and it ran 8 teens to 8.30. It had a gear and converter however.

Comment

Try checking the fluid level, just to rule out that possibility.
            95 A4 Z28 with 146K miles

My DD is a 94 Chevy 1/2 ton 2wd w/ 2/4 drop and 20" Centerline Stingray III's

Comment

Mine mostly shifts at 5800 WOT (sometimes 6000). To prevent hitting the rev limiter, I raised the rev limiter to 6000 with my HPP+ but left the shift points at stock, and increased the shift firmness.

Something is definitely wrong if yours is shifting at 6500-6600. What was done to your computer?

Comment

mine does that too, it shifts really high and i dont think it should be that high
                1995 LT1 bird
                10" 2800 stall coan converter,beefed tranny, supreme shift,motive 373 gears,3 inch catback with a flowmaster muffler, pcmforless tuned,slp cold air intake,tb bypassed, better flowing intake elbow, air foil,poly trans mount.
                275/40/17 Nitto NT555R extreme drags in rear

2005 Dode SRT-4
                agp billet adjustable wastegate,Maxxfab 3 inch catless downpipe, borla catback ,K&N drop in filter,mapclamped,tuned,mopar blow off valve, Prothane motor mount inserts,21 pounds of boost!
                6 dics cd changer, 10 inch MTX fully loaded with moonroof and viper style seats

Comment

Shift points

The program was reworked, and I just sent the computer to the programmer. He is going to lower the shift points and keep all else the same.

Comment

Working...
                  X