Low Trac and Brake light flashing on dash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Trac and Brake light flashing on dash

Ive recently had my Low Trac and Brake light start flashing on my dash. i had just washed my car under the hood and all like ive done many times before. as soon as i pulled out og the car wash the lights came on. they turn off after i drive a while but my ABS solenoids will click whenever they flash. i ran the codes with a Tech 2 scan tool, and the codes were that the front 2 abs sensors were shorted as well as the rear. Has anyone else had this problem??? im thinkin that there is water in the sensors, but why now? ive washed it before.....anyhow any hwlp would be great

It is most likely that water got in a connector. Unplug all the ABS related connectors you can find, blow them out with compressed air and reconnect them.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Just a note of warning, if this is an LT1 car, you're taking your optispark's life in your hands when you wash under the hood. Especially with a pressure washer at a car wash.

I agree that it's probably water in the connectors.
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
      X