No announcement yet.

Dodge Neon SRT-4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whether you like the SRT-4 Neon or not, you better be carefull about racing these things lest you have your butt handed to you...........check out this latest announcement in Autoweek on modifications available to this beast. They are going to have one of the fastest cars available to the public this side of a Viper with the 355HP MODIFICATION

By AUTOWEEK

Mopar madness
    Mopar, Chrysler’s longtime supplier of performance parts and accessories, has developed a range of tuner add-ons for the Dodge Neon-based SRT-4, including a turbo upgrade kit designed to push output past 300 hp from the 230-hp, turbocharged 2.4-liter inline four-cylinder in the stock SRT-4. Three kits are offered for ’03 and ’04 models: Stage 1 ($399) that adds 10 hp; a middling Stage 2 upgrade ($999) that adds 30 hp to 50 hp; or the full-bore Stage 3 kit that nets 310 hp to 355 hp (depending on the options). Pricing for the Stage 3 goodies will be released this month.
    Dave S
    2000 Black Camaro SS

Comment

traction would be nearly xistant in that car with anywhere over 300 hp. It'd be killer on the highway though.
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

their is a guy in my area with a riced out srt4 (stage 2) it has the wing exhaust black rims... well me and my buddies like to go honda hunting and we messed with him a little we ended up racing couple miles out of town and he couldn't ever get traction hooks turbo hit and he spun them until 3rd
        then we tried from a rolling start prolly 15 mph and he stayed ahead of me until the top of second 65ish but i still think the $7k i spent on this car is a way better deal then any 20k 4 door you have to literally blow the tranny to keep up.
        i haven't seen any evo (stock) do better then a 14.4
        i haven't seen a neon do better then a 14.8
        i've been going to the drag strip every other week and i am not scared of any of those turbo 4s
        its all hype to promote asian persuasion
        Black 95 z28, 60k miles, 10 spoke SS rims, k&n cai, flowmaster,hypertech 3, 3.42's, running 13.8@ 101 with slicks

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs95
          i've been going to the drag strip every other week and i am not scared of any of those turbo 4s
          its all hype to promote asian persuasion

I'll run you in mine......
          Attached Files
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
          11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

I was at the strip last Saturday and there was a red one with a slick on the driver's side; he was running consistent 13's with his low being 13.08. He dusted a few Mudstains. I didn't get a chance to talk to the guy to see if he had any other goodies under the hood. The cars are ugly as hell in my opinion; I want something that looks and goes fast; 4th gens!
            97' SS #497 1 of 50 White Hardtop M6,stock TB reworked to 52mm,SLP CC shorties, Random Tech DC Y-pipe, LT4KM, Taylor Spiro's and NGK's, BMR Adj Lcr's, TA, Boxed SFC's, Adj PHR, Floorpan brace w/ driveshaft loop, STB, GM 4:10'S, 1LE alum DS, Eibach 35mm front swaybar and Pro-Kit Springs, Bilstein HD's, Lou's speed stick with Hurst ball,LS1 front brakes, Earl's lines, Hawk Pads, BMR relocation brackets.

Comment

I beat one in my Conquest. Pulled on him from a 20 mph roll. We went at it a few times, he couldn't hang with me. Had a whole fender on him, and was still pulling.
              97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
              X