Best heads u can get

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best heads u can get

Well it may not be the smartest thing to have done on a practically new car but i was planning on get a ls1 ss with less then 10K and buying a pair of heads for it. I saw the SLP head and cam package and it got me thinkin....Any advice at all would help.
    2000 Camaro SS
    Red on Dark Grey Leather,
    6 spd, Bilstein Suspension,
    Auburn Differential, Chrome ZR1 Wheels, SLP Performance Exhaust (not loudmouth........yet

ARE is running the quickest LS1 on the planet... mid-8's at almost 168mph. I'd certainly take a look at their heads.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thanks...and where can i find some info on them...i tried looking and only found pricing numbers.
      2000 Camaro SS
      Auburn Differential, Chrome ZR1 Wheels, SLP Performance Exhaust (not loudmouth........yet

Comment

how far are you planning on going with this car? putting a set of wild heads on a mild motor isn't going to net the gains most would expect.

it's important to take into consideration the whole picture.

Comment

Well one camaro im looking is so far under my budget, i was gonna redo the entire top half of the motor. Why not worth it?
          2000 Camaro SS

Comment

You need to match the heads to the intended use. Putting a head with a huge intake runner volume on a street motor will produce poor results... the engine will have no bottom end, and won't be able to turn the RPM required to realize the big gains at the top end. If you are only building up the "top end", that means you aren't going to one of the huge mega-displacements available with the LS1/LS6 blocks, and don't need huge heads.

I strongly recommend the book by Chris Endres "Chevy LS1/LS6 Performance". It clearly explains the issues of head selection, compares the numerous GM LS1/LS6 heads avaialble, and the effects of mixing and matching with the LS1, LS6 and aftermarket intake manifolds. Also has some great dyno data on a wide variety of engine buildup combinations, including some ARE combos.

Agostino Racing Engines
            Pickering, Ontario

www.agostino-racing.com

And I'm not "endorsing" ARE, simply using them as an example of the wide array of options available.

Fred
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
            X