Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm laid up, can someone do some shopping for me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm laid up, can someone do some shopping for me?

I need:

A front 32mm swaybar, with poly bushings and endlinks.
    A rear 22mm swaybar with poly bushings and endlinks.
    An aluminum driveshaft good for 450 RWHP. (1LE?)
    Maybe SFCs for the convertible. Bolt in preferable. Maybe the SLP ones?

Where are the best deals on these items? I'd like to pick up these items so I have something to install when the Z comes out of winter storage.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

E-bay 32mm front bar is about $40 shipped.
    21mm 1LE rear bar is a little more scarce.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      E-bay 32mm front bar is about $40 shipped.
      21mm 1LE rear bar is a little more scarce.
      I looked on Ebay, found only stock 30mm bars.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I know you are looking for bolt in SFC's but I can tell you.. I had a 95 Z28 Vert and I had the weld on Kennybrown Double Diamonds put on, AMAZING. Thats all I can say.

Any decent exhaust shop wont charge much to weld them up. You just have to stay with them to make sure they do it right.
        No F-Body right now

Comment

You could try here
          96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

I got my 1LE driveshaft here
            96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

is $42 shipped a good price for a 1le front sway? from that gryhead place?

Comment

Originally posted by Red20170
                You could try here
                Sweet!! I just placed an order for the 1LE 32mm front bar. Now I need the poly endlinks and frame brackets. Where is best to get the links and brackets in poly?
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                  Sweet!! I just placed an order for the 1LE 32mm front bar. Now I need the poly endlinks and frame brackets. Where is best to get the links and brackets in poly?
                  for like an extra $12 they come with endlinks and frame brackets

Comment

Originally posted by darkz711
                    for like an extra $12 they come with endlinks and frame brackets
                    I saw that, but they are not poly. They are just the standard stock replacement stuff.
                    Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:

Comment

I ended up ordering Energy Suspension end links and 32mm greaseable frame bushings.

Still need prices on a 1LE rear bar and those SFCs.
                      Tracy
                      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                      Current Mods:

Comment

I cannot find the Kenny Brown SFCs anywhere.

What about the BMR ones? They seem rather inexpensive.
                        Tracy
                        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                        Current Mods:

Comment

Kenny Brown is out of business. I got some UMI subframe connectors. I met the guys at the Trans Am Nationals. They fit extremely well. I went with the tubular bolt in kind to maintain as much ground clearance as possible. They make the boxed as well though.

Check them out at www.umiperformance.com,

I also have several BMR products and am very happy with them too!
                          Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Originally posted by casey02ws6
                            Kenny Brown is out of business. I got some UMI subframe connectors. I met the guys at the Trans Am Nationals. They fit extremely well. I went with the tubular bolt in kind to maintain as much ground clearance as possible. They make the boxed as well though.

Check them out at www.umiperformance.com,

I also have several BMR products and am very happy with them too!

It doesnt look like UMI makes them for convertibles.

Any more opinions on the BMR SFCs for convertibles?
                            Tracy
                            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                            Current Mods:

Comment

I got my bolt in connectors from Don Goetz. They really improved the handeling and cured all the body squeaks

Check out the rave reviews from the folks at Chirp Third

Here is Don's contact info dgoetz3@cinci.rr.com
                              1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
                              1 of 463
                              LT4 knock module
                              D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
                              strut tower brace
                              SLP fan switch
                              160* t/stat
                              Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
                              DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

Working...
                              X