Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension

Hello all,
    I was hoping to get a little information from you guys. I am looking to put a coil-over suspension into my 2000 TA. The only kit I have found that has a variable damping ratio is from G-Force Suspension (www.g-forcesuspension.com ). Does anyone here have any experience/knowledge of this kit? Any information good or bad is welcome.
    Thanks
    Sparky

The front is already coil over. What's the advantage to converting the rear?
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Well it is, but not adjustable like a true coil over. The threaded collar allows almost infinite adjustment of ride height. HAL QA1 shocks used with the coil overs seem to be the hot ticket for f-bodies.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-body....htm#qa1shocks

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
        wow...that's freaking beautiful. drooool...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I have to say I wish my Formula had that type of front suspention rather than the stupid stuff that the third gens have.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
          Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
          6.2L/382.97 ci
          Custom PROM Dyno tuned
          WCT-5 speed
          BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
          Boss MS 18" Rims
          Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
          Custom Dual exhaust
          1LE upgrade
          Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
          In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
            The front is already coil over. What's the advantage to converting the rear?
            I am looking to lower the whole car about an inch to get better handling and decrease the body roll. Also I want the adjustable damping ratio so I can use it as a daily driver and change it over when I do a little racing.

sparky

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
              I am looking to lower the whole car about an inch to get better handling and decrease the body roll. Also I want the adjustable damping ratio so I can use it as a daily driver and change it over when I do a little racing.

sparky
              You don't need a coil over kit to do that. There are a lot of spring sets to lower the car. As for adjustable dampening either the HAL QA1 or the Koni shocks will work for that. With the HAL you have the option of adjustable height in the front and there is a weight savings because their shocks have an aluminum housing. Here is a great thread for spring heights http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8782
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
              X