wiring worlds colide!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring worlds colide!!

Could someone scan in a diagram of the 4th gen wiring, namely the headlight system. im think of comparing it to my 3rd gen system and seeing how it would work. its too expensive to buy the older wiring from gm but i dont want to take the risk of used wiring or just replacing one or two wires and leaving in the old wires that still work. my headlights failed. the motors r still good; the relays (which make up for 90% of disfunctional headlights) r perfectly fine, and im planning on replacing the switch itself. i know almost all there is too know about my car, but i lack the in depth knowledge of the 4th gen. I'd appreciate any and all help, thx.
    1982 Trans am w/ t-tops
    V8 5.0L 305 H out of an '86 Caprice
    previous owners abused it!!!

http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech1.html

Comment

thx for the site, it helps.

also, i have one of the large single fans for my engine, the fan's housing is cracking and a 1 x 1 x 1 in triangle piece has already broken off. it scared the hell out of me when it broke off and i heard it hit the fan. the local salvage yard has a third gen camaro, the engine compartment...everything looks new! the camaro has a duel fan system. it would take up less room as my current fan and would last longer, but is there any other upside or any downside to trying to swap fans? is it a more difficult process?
      1982 Trans am w/ t-tops
      V8 5.0L 305 H out of an '86 Caprice
      previous owners abused it!!!

Comment

Working...
      X