Side damage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side damage

I have a black 1994 Firebired, there is a large crack through the plastic on the front right of the car, and i was trying to figure out a cheaper way of having it fixed or maybe doing it myself if anybody has any suggestions they would be very much appreciated.

The passenger side fender is cracked?

What color is your car? the cheapest way to fix it would be to patch and paint it yourself or to find a fender for sale that is already painted the correct color. Look in the cars/parts for sale section.

I would replace the fender and repaint it myself if it was up to me.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

its not the fender its on the right side, right next to the door, if that still isn't clear i will post a picture of the damage tomorrow. Also the car is black

Comment

in front of the door or behind the door? If it is in front of the door, that would be the fender.

the side of a car goes as follows from front to rear:

fender ; door ; quarterpanel
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

My mistake it is the fender but just to make it more clear here is a picture
          Attached Files

Comment

It shouldnt be to hard to find a used black fender.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:

Comment

i've never done anybody work myself before, is there a website or something that would explain how to replace a fender, would i need any special tools?

Comment

Originally posted by ashaman456
                i've never done anybody work myself before, is there a website or something that would explain how to replace a fender, would i need any special tools?
                10mm bolts, and a few 8mm bolts. That's about it if memory serves me right.

I've never taken a fender off a Firebird, but have dont it a few times on Camaros. You first remove the front bumper cover, then the fender. Make sure you keep track of what nuts and bolts went where and in what order you removed them. Take notes if you have to. Use a digital camera to take progress pictures that could help you remember how to reassemble it. It's not hard if you just take your time and be patient.

I could have a new fender on your car in 2 hours. If you have never done it before, I suggest you set aside a Saturday and make that your project. You'll figure it out. Focus on the details, like making sure it gets put back together properly so all the correct fasteners are in all the right places.

Leftover parts are bad!
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                  Leftover parts are bad!
                  What do you mean bad? It's always a great achievement to have leftover parts and it still runs!
                  97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
                    What do you mean bad? It's always a great achievement to have leftover parts and it still runs!
                    I suppose leftover parts would make the car lighter, and lighter = faster, right?

So, could chunks of rusted floorpan and chasis falling off the car be considered a mod because they make the car lighter?
                    Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:

Comment

hey i've always said if you put something back together again and still have leftover parts, but it still works. well then you just made it more effecient
                      1990 Eagle talon TSI- daily driver

78' firebird formula -350/350- stock...now dead

Comment

Working...
                      X