production numbers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• production numbers

Does anyone know how to get info on very specific 4th gen Camaro production numbers??

Here is the deal... Today I called the last (original) owner of my Z. He told me he ordered the car in 1993, and waited 9 months for it. He said it was the first 6-speed 4th gen Camaro built as a convertible during the standard production run. He said the 6 speeds were hard to get in a Camaro then because there was a shortage of them and GM was prioritizing them for Corvettes. Should I believe this?? Can I verify this?? He also said the Gray-Green metallic paint is very rare. I have never seen another Camaro the same color as mine. This insight from him is interesting, but unless I can somehow verify it I cant give it too much credit.

Can anyone help verify / disprove this?

6-speeds were definitely hard to get in 1994. It took me 6 months to find one (I was trying to buy either a Z28 of a Formula/TA). But is DEFINITELY was NOT because they were putting them in Corvettes, because the C4 Corvette NEVER used the Borg-Warner T-56. They used a ZF 6-speed made in Germany. The T-56 was hard to get because they were having production problems.

But I would agree your car is relatively rare. The convertibles were not even sold until later in the year. I don't know if they had even announced the 94 would be available in a convertible in late 93. GM did not announce they were going to make a Firebird convertible until 2/4/94. Not sure if the Camaro was the same. Check the Camaro White Book for production numbers. There were only 800 convertibles made out of 45,000 Firebird/Formulas/TA's. I assume the Camaro rates were similar.

Gray-green Metallic is also relatively rare.

The Camaro White Book will tell you the number of convertibles, but doens't have the breakdown by exact tranny or color. You generally have to "infer" the rarity by looking at the rates of usage of each, applied as a multiplier.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

progress

I have found these number so far

94 Z-28 convertibles produced : 4,932

Dark Green - Grey paint : 4,710

6 Speed : 8,742

Total Camaros produced : 119,799

Is there more to be learned here? Check out the attachment of the option sticker.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X