lt1 Auto tranny

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lt1 Auto tranny

i have an lt1 trans am and recently the trans has started to slip. the car is stored for the winter and has 88000 miles on it. the trans didn't slip befor but the fluid wasn't very hot so we changed it. now the car has sat for 2 months with intermitant starts but not much driving. the car now slips out of gear on a hard first gear take off on a corner and slips in second while driving. third gear doesn't slip. i am confused as to why the car skips out of gear on the corner and feel the tranny is in decent shape. i have checked the fluid level whhile the vehicle was hot and idling and it is good. i have a lucas transmission stabalizer in the transmission also. i have drivne the car 50 miles and the fluid does not seem burnt, slight black clutch on rag when wiped, i replaceed the gasket and fluid when serviced no flush. if you have any ideas or comments please inform me thank you, george

Originally posted by 94TrnsAm
    i have an lt1 trans am and recently the trans has started to slip. the car is stored for the winter and has 88000 miles on it. the trans didn't slip befor but the fluid wasn't very hot so we changed it. now the car has sat for 2 months with intermitant starts but not much driving. the car now slips out of gear on a hard first gear take off on a corner and slips in second while driving. third gear doesn't slip. i am confused as to why the car skips out of gear on the corner and feel the tranny is in decent shape. i have checked the fluid level whhile the vehicle was hot and idling and it is good. i have a lucas transmission stabalizer in the transmission also. i have drivne the car 50 miles and the fluid does not seem burnt, slight black clutch on rag when wiped, i replaceed the gasket and fluid when serviced no flush. if you have any ideas or comments please inform me thank you, george
    I think the problem is capitalization.

You could probably tighten the bands but I think you need a rebuild.

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Sorry about the capitilization, I was in a hurry for school.
      I understand what the bands are and such but I do not understand how to adjust them. I am going to take the car to a shop tommarrow to see what they think. I asked a few people about first and how it comes out of gear and they had no explaination.

Comment

lt1 tranny

Ok so I'm gonna do a rebuild, I'm looking at a couple kits, the high performance end witch would be the alto clutches and such, or a comparable stock kit composed of Borg Warner and other producers parts. Price is a factor. I am curious if anyone has used any comparable kits, their results or if anyone knows of any other quality kits for a decent price.

Comment

Working...
        X