Slipping clutch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slipping clutch?

After driving my car from Saskatchewan, Canada to Dallas last week, my clutch seems to be slipping. At least I think that is what is happening. Every once in a while, when letting out the clutch to take off, there is a lot of shuddering in the car for a couple of seconds. It had never done that before that long drive. I am wondering if the sustained driving for 2 days straight (pretty much litterally) may have caused some excess wear? What do you guys think it could be? If it is that the clutch is slipping, can it just be adjusted? Or will I be looking at replacing it?
    Also, every now and then just in the last few days there is a strong smell of gasoline in the car for no apparent reason. Anyone know what that could be? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks, guys.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

1) my car does that, it usually trying to grab and slip same tiem(i think) slipping is when u can put it in like 3rd gear adn dump the clutch a 3 and it wont stall

2) cehck ur evap hoses one may have cracked
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
    X